Building safe lives and strong futures for women and girls.
Women and girls are experiencing violence and abuse right now.
- 28% of women have experienced domestic abuse in the UK since the age of 16
- 85,000 women are raped in England and Wales every year
- 59% of girls and young women aged 13-21 faced some form of sexual harassment at school or college in the past year
Whatever form violence comes in, we work to end it.
- We’ve supported over 11,000 survivors of domestic & sexual abuse this year
- We’ve provided over 14,500 holistic based services to women and children
- Solace runs 19 refuges with space for 122 families
- 92% of service users reported that the service helped them to feel safer
- 98% of service users would recommend the service to a friend or relative
- Solace supported 374 women with No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) over the last year
- Our free advice line takes over 100 calls each week
- Solace provided 701 women & children with refuge accommodation