Building safe lives and strong futures for women and girls.
Women and girls are experiencing violence and abuse right now.
- 28% of women have experienced domestic abuse in the UK since the age of 16
- 85,000 women are raped in England and Wales every year
- 59% of girls and young women aged 13-21 faced some form of sexual harassment at school or college in the past year
- 1 in 10 of all recorded offences in London are domestic abuse related.
- Last year reports of rape and sexual assault in London rose by 20%
Whatever form violence comes in, we work to end it.
- We’ve worked with 22,816 women and children across our services
- Solace runs 22 refuges with space for 178 families.
- 93% of service users reported that the service helped them to feel safer
- 96% of service users would recommend the service to a friend or relative
- Solace supported 442 women with No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) over the last year
- Our free advice line takes over 200 calls each week
- Solace provided 752 women & children with refuge accommodation and supported accommodation
- Our volunteers contributed 12,024 hours of voluntary support