Building safe lives and strong futures for women and girls.
Women and girls are experiencing violence and abuse right now.
- 1 in 3 women will experience abuse in their lifetime.
- 85,000 women are raped in England and Wales every year.
- 1 in 4 children and young people experienced physical abuse over the year.
- 1 in 10 of all recorded offences in London are domestic abuse related.
We work tirelessly to ensure that every woman and child can live safe lives, free from violence and abuse.
- We’ve worked with 27,414 women and children across our services
- Solace runs 22 refuges with space for 178 rooms for women and children .
- 83% of service users reported that the service helped them to feel safer
- 95% of service users would recommend the service to a friend or relative
- Solace supported 444 women with No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) over the last year
- Our free advice line takes over 200 calls each week
- Solace provided 920 women & children with refuge accommodation and supported accommodation
- Our volunteers contributed 11,151 hours of voluntary support
(All figures above are based on our work in 2019/20)
You can find our full report here: