Women and girls are experiencing violence and abuse right now.
- 1 in 3 women will experience abuse in their lifetime.
- 85,000 women are raped in England and Wales every year.
- 1 in 4 children and young people experienced physical abuse over the year.
- 1 in 10 of all recorded offences in London are domestic abuse related.
Solace futures – Our strategy for 2022-27
In March 2022, Solace launched our new strategy “Solace Futures – Safety, Support & Recovery from all forms of abuse.
Solace Futures is designed to deliver our strategic vision for the next five years. We are building on Solace’s 46 years of providing specialist, holistic support services for women and children. We are ambitious and want to drive change at every level to ensure that everyone lives healthy and independent lives free from violence, abuse and exploitation. The strategy was developed following a series of workshops with staff and service users and includes our new vision, mission and values.
In the strategy, we have identified 6 six key strategic objectives to achieve our vision and mission over the next five years:
S – Strategic Influencing, Partnerships & Leadership
O – Organisational Development & Growth
L – Long-term Recovery and & Lasting Change
A – Accessibility, Education & Employment
C – Children & Young People
E – Empowerment, Engagement & Aspirations
These objectives will also be underpinned by three intersecting principles: intersectional feminism, partnerships & collaboration and being service user and evidence led.
We work tirelessly to ensure that every woman and child can live safe lives, free from violence and abuse.
- We’ve worked with 23,416 women and 814 children across our services
- Solace runs 22 refuges with space for 178 rooms for women and children
- 93% of service users rated there was a continued need for Solace services
- 88% rated the service met or exceeded their expectation
- 88% rated the service as good or excellent
- 73% reported that their service helped them feel more confident
- Solace supported 550 women with No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) over the last year
- Solace supported 134 male survivors last year
- Our free advice line takes over 300 calls each week
- Solace provided 1087 women & children with refuge accommodation and supported accommodation
- We worked with 7633 people to prevent violence & abuse
- Our volunteers contributed 3961 hours of voluntary support
(All figures above are based on our work in 2020/21).