Barnet SASS provides practical and emotional support to anyone aged 16+ who resides in the Borough of Barnet and experiencing domestic abuse, honour based violence and forced marriage.
- Consent based service the only exception is if the client was referred to service through the MARAC. Barnet SASS is a core Domestic Violence service in the Borough; we are also offering support to the survivors who have been referred to MARAC.
- Independent Domestic Violence Advisors (IDVAs) are co-located at different partner agency services; Colindale police station (3day per week), MH Service (4 days per week)and Adult/Children’s MASH (4 days per week). Everyone is working from home.
- We are working with all level of risk usually up to 3 months.
- We are working with all genders.
- We are also delivering the ARISE Course twice per year.
- We are also one of the lead DV agency for the One-Stop Shop which is an advice surgery provided by some agencies including, housing, anti-social behaviour officer from the Barnet Homes, family solicitors, and cybercare,
IRIS Advocate is only accepting IRIS trained GPs, providing longer-term support. We are only working with standard to medium cases.
We only accept referrals from Greenfield Medical Practice, Vale Drive Medical, The Old Courthouse, Langstone Way, Heathfielde Medical Centre, Wentworth Medical, Lichfield Grove, St Andrews Medical, St Georges Medical Practice, Millway Medical, Jai, Watling, Penhurst, Wakeman, East Barnet Health Care, Woodland Medical, Parkview Medical, Dr Azim and Partners, Supreme Medical Centre, Everglade Medical Centre, The Speedwell Practice, Temple Fortune, Oakleigh Road Health Centre, Freirn Barnet Medical Centre, Longrove Surgery, Village Surgery, Lane End Medical Centre, Brunswick Park, Hendon Way.
Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm