Rebuilding confidence, self-esteem and furthering survivors’ recovery from the impacts of abuse.
• Must consent to referral.
• Live within the local authority of
• Have been affected by domestic
violence/abuse (i.e. physical, emotional, psychological, sexual, financial, coercive control and/or other harmful practices) either recently, currently and/or in the past.
• Able to manage the potential emotional pain/anxiety that may occur whilst participating in group work.
• Clients should be able to manage any substance use appropriately.
• Clients cannot be intoxicated during group sessions.
• Clients deemed high risk must be working with an IDVA simultaneously.
• Clients must be able to commit to attending all group sessions on a weekly basis. In the case of an emergency or an important engagement, the group facilitator must be contacted to discuss options.
• Due to CPS guidelines, clients required to attend as witnesses in criminal court proceedings for sexual violence are not recommended to attend the ARISE group. Clients may be able to attend other wellbeing groups.