Leaving a gift in your will can protect women & girls for future generations.
By leaving a legacy to Solace you are protecting future generations from violence against women and girls. Solace has been saving the lives of women and children for nearly 50 years and leaving a legacy could make sure we could do it for 50 more years and beyond. We have supported nearly 200,000 survivors of abuse and your support could make sure we support 200,000 more. Any size gift in your will can make a long-lasting impact, continuing to transform the future of abuse and violence in London.
You could help us educate young girls and boys about their futures, making sure they understand what a healthy and positive relationship looks like. You could help mothers and children flee to somewhere safe when they have nowhere else to turn. Your support could mean that a woman receives the life-changing therapy to recover from the trauma of abuse. A gift in your will could change lives.
5 Easy steps to including a charity in your will
1. Read this handy guide to will-writing. Remember a Charity have put together this useful guide so you can ensure your wishes are carried out after you're gone.
2. Find a solicitor or professional will-writer. Use this handy search tool from Remember a Charity to search for qualified advisors in your area.
3. Get our details. To support Solace in your will, make sure you have the following information:
- Our full name: Solace Women’s Aid.
- Registered Address: Moore Kingston Smith LLP, 9 Appold Street, London, EC2A 2AP.
- Charity Number: 1082450
4. Contact your solicitor: Provide our details to add a gift in your will.
5. Let us know! Once you've made a charitable donation in your will, let us know by contacting [email protected].
Writing your will
Use Free Wills to write your will with specialist help from on-hand lawyers. Check out the link below and get your will written today, to secure your tomorrow.
If you want to write your own will or already have one, here is an example of how you can include a donation to Solace.
I leave my / X share (s) of my residuary estate for Solace Women’s Aid, ADDRESS, Charity Number: 1082450 (England and Wales), absolutely for its general charitable purposes and I declare that the receipt of the treasurer or other proper officer for the time being shall be a sufficient discharge to my executors.
Contact [email protected] to discuss leaving a donation to Solace in your will.
Visit Solace’s page at Remember a Charity for more information about how to support us.