The WiSER Project is a partnership of specialist charities working to end male violence and abuse. We work with women who are frequently excluded from mainstream services and/or find it hard to engage with support. Our outreach activity, trauma informed approach and flexible 1-1 and group support helps women and girls to get the support they need.
We can work with women to:
- Access safe housing & benefits
- Stay safe and improve health
- Engage in other support services
- Build self-esteem and confidence
- Access work, education and training
- Become financially independent
We work with women and girls over 16 living in Camden, Enfield, Haringey, Islington, Waltham Forest, Hackney, Barnet and Tower Hamlets who are experiencing violence or abuse and are affected by severe and multiple disadvantages, including:
- Substance misuse
- Mental health
- Physical health
- Insecure or uncertain immigration status
- Affected by or at risk of prostitution
- History of offending behaviour
- History of children being removed from her care and/or at risk of further removals.
We currently provide support in English, Turkish, Bengali and Sylethi.
Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm