Solace Women’s Aid is an innovative, exciting, grassroots charity working across London. Our purpose is to bring to an end the harm done through domestic and sexual violence to all survivors, and in particular women and children. Our work is holistic and empowering, working alongside survivors to achieve independent lives free from abuse.
You will be joining a team of committed and inspiring individuals whose dedication has saved the lives of thousands of women, men and children in the capital. We are looking for friendly and diligent individuals to join our services and help us make a difference.
About the Role
Main Purpose of Job
To provide efficient and effective administrative support to the HR team. Assisting with a full range of HR tasks throughout the employee life cycle, including; recruitment, on boarding, new starters and leavers processes, training administration and maintenance of HR records.
General Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinating Solace Women’s Aid recruitment process, ensuring it operates efficiently and fairly
- Supporting managers with each stage of the recruitment process
- Reviewing role descriptions and adverts to ensure they are consistent and in line with the organisation’s employer brand
- Coordinating new starter procedures and welcoming new employees to the organisation and carrying out new starter meetings
- Coordinating the organisation’s annual training programme; organising sessions, participants and logistics; updating and maintaining training records, and; preparing an annual evaluation of the programme
- Preparing the training session rooms, materials and refreshments
- Contributing to the upkeep and maintenance of any related HR inboxes. Responding in a timely manner
- Updating and recording information on the organisation’s HR Information System, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Ensuring employee records are accurate, kept up to date and efficiently filed, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Coordinating administrative processes for all contractual variations
- Maintaining and updating Disclosure and Barring registration checks
- Dealing with queries from staff and external organisations on matters relating to Human Resources and escalating relevant queries to the HR Advisor or HR Manager as appropriate
- Providing external bodies with references for leavers
- Assisting with the smooth running of the Solace Women’s Aid Head Office
- Any other ad hoc tasks and projects appropriate to the role
- Support HR team with keeping Solace’s policies and procedures up to date
- Ensure that the service user is at the heart of all service delivery and development
- Attend all meetings and training relevant to your role
- Attend regular team meetings, ensuring that you contribute to effective working practice and communication
- Act as an ambassador for Solace
Carry out other duties appropriate to the post as requested by your line manager.
Whilst every endeavour has been made to outline the duties and responsibilities of the post, these duties are not exhaustive.
How to apply
Please read the full Job Description & Person Specification. To apply, please send your CV and Supporting Statement outlining your interest in working for Solace and explaining how you meet the criteria set out in the Job Description & Person Specification. Along with this, please complete the Equality Monitoring form and send all three documents to [email protected] by the closing date.
We will only accept CV’s and Supporting Statements with a maximum of 2 pages and Font size 12. Please ensure you send the correct documents by the closing date, as late CV’s and Supporting Statements will not be accepted.
Due to the number of CV’s and Supporting Statements we receive, Solace Women’s Aid cannot communicate further with candidates who are not shortlisted for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Solace Women’s Aid values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from black minority and ethnic communities.
Solace is a Disability Confident employer. Please email us at [email protected] if you require any additional support to apply for this role.
This service is run by women for women and is therefore restricted to female applicants under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, and Part 1. Section 7(2) e of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 apply. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As part of safer recruitment we require all successful candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) disclosure.