Solace Women’s Aid is an innovative, exciting, grassroots charity working across London. Our purpose is to bring to an end the harm done through domestic and sexual violence to all survivors, and in particular women and children. Our work is holistic and empowering, working alongside survivors to achieve independent lives free from abuse.
You will be joining a team of committed and inspiring individuals whose dedication has saved the lives of thousands of women, men and children in the capital. We are looking for friendly and diligent individuals to join our services and help us make a difference.
Main Purpose of Job
To efficiently and effectively coordinate the Volunteer Service, to ensure it provides meaningful and rewarding placements which benefit Solace Women’s Aid, including recruitment, induction, training and communication. To maintain and develop systems to record volunteer information. To deliver accredited training to volunteers and to design and deliver an internal induction and training programme.
- Ensure that volunteers are recruited and supported efficiently and effectively
- Proactively plan and promote coordinated recruitment campaigns for clearly defined volunteering opportunities within Solace
Explore different types of unpaid opportunities such as university placements, international volunteers, partner volunteers
- Prepare the volunteer newsletter to keep volunteers updated on organisational developments
- Ensure targeted recruitment campaigns are developed and implemented to ensure diversity at all levels within the organisation
- Ensure an effective programme of volunteer support is in place to promote inclusion and engagement
- Organise the annual volunteer celebration and awards ceremony to recognise and reward volunteer achievements.
- Deliver NOCN accredited VAWG training to volunteers
- Promote & recruit volunteers for the accredited course to Solace volunteers and Ascent partners.
Deliver Level 2/3 Award in Preventing and Tackling Domestic and Sexual Abuse/Violence accredited training to a planned annual schedule
- Evaluate and mark assignments in line with assessment criteria
- Comply with the internal and external verification of the course.
- Ensure compliance with NOCN and National Women’s Aid standards
- Deliver peer support accredited training where this is an identified training need.
3. Design, organise and deliver internal induction and training programme for volunteers and staff
- Design and deliver a range of Training for volunteers and staff
- Manage the administration and logistics of the training programme, ensuring appropriate systems are in place, responding to enquiries, booking venues and equipment, and maintaining accurate records
- Monitoring and evaluation of training and learning resources, including analysing participants’ feedback to further develop the training packages.
4. Advise on issues relating to volunteers
- Provide ongoing support to staff on recruiting and supporting volunteers
- Provide support to staff when concerns arise relating to a volunteer or placement
- Develop strong internal and external networks to facilitate both the sourcing and hosting of suitable volunteer opportunities
- To maintain and further develop positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and partner agencies.
5. Ensure policies, procedures and strategies are in place and regularly reviewed to support the volunteering services
- Create and maintain appropriate policies and procedures covering all aspects of the volunteering services
- Develop and implement the Volunteering Strategy to support the achievement of the wider organisational aims of Solace Women’s Aid.
6. Development of systems
- Contribute to the development of the HR & Volunteer information system
Contribute to the development of online recruitment systems.
7. Monitoring and reporting
- To complete an annual volunteer survey, report on key findings and develop an action plan for identified development areas
- To complete regular reporting on key achievements and trends within the Volunteer Service
- Provide information for funders, annual audits and partner organisations as required
- Provide NOCN monitoring information for Ascent monitoring reports.
8. Corporate Responsibilities
- Ensure that all Solace’s policies and procedures in your work area are up to date
- Ensure effective implementation of Solace’s Equality and Diversity policies and ensure awareness and integration of an equalities and human rights agenda in all your work
- Ensure that the service user is at the heart of all service delivery and development
- Attend all meetings and training relevant to your role
- Attend regular team meetings, ensuring that you contribute to effective working practice and communication
- Act as an ambassador for Solace.
Carry out other duties appropriate to the post as requested by your line manager.
Whilst every endeavour has been made to outline the duties and responsibilities of the post, these duties are not exhaustive.
How to apply
Please read the full Job Description & Person Specification. To apply, please send your CV and Supporting Statement outlining your interest in working for Solace and explaining how you meet the criteria set out in the Job Description & Person Specification. Along with this, please complete the Equality Monitoring form and send all three documents to [email protected] by the closing date.
We will only accept CV’s and Supporting Statements with a maximum of 2 pages and Font size 12. Please ensure you send the correct documents by the closing date, as late CV’s and Supporting Statements will not be accepted.
Due to the number of CV’s and Supporting Statements we receive, Solace Women’s Aid cannot communicate further with candidates who are not shortlisted for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Solace Women’s Aid values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from black minority and ethnic communities.
Solace is a Disability Confident employer. Please email us at [email protected] if you require any additional support to apply for this role.
This service is run by women for women and is therefore restricted to female applicants under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, and Part 1. Section 7(2) e of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 apply. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As part of safer recruitment we require all successful candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) disclosure.