Deadline for applications: 1st April 2023
Solace is a charity with 48 years of experience in developing and delivering essential services for women and girls across London. We exist to end the harm done through violence, supporting 29,205 women, children, young people, and men across all of our services in the past 12 months. Our aim is to prevent violence and abuse as well as providing services to meet the needs of survivors. Our work is holistic and empowering, working alongside survivors to achieve independent lives free from abuse.
About the role
Solace is seeking a new Chair to lead its Board of Trustees to fulfil their responsibilities for the strategic direction and overall governance of the organisation. This is an exciting opportunity to help drive the success of a growing organisation that makes a profound and positive impact on the lives of women who have suffered from violence and abuse. They are looking for someone who values the equality of all women, is passionate about their wellbeing and the challenges they face in violent and abusive environments. An interest in Solace’s work and approach are essential as well as an ambitious outlook for Solace’s future.
- Provide regular support and leadership to the Chief Executive and ensure that Solace is run in accordance with the decisions of the trustees and the charity’s Articles of Association
- Lead the trustees and Chief Executive to develop and deliver strategic plans for the charity.
- Liaise with the Chief Executive to prepare for Board and committee meetings and ensure that the business is covered efficiently and effectively in those meetings.
The initial appointment is for a two or three-year term but can be extended for two further terms for a maximum of nine years. The position of Chair is voluntary, but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed. Full information on the role is available in the Job Pack, please download for the full list.
If you wish to apply for this position, please supply the following by 23.59 02/04/2023.
- A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements.
- A covering letter (maximum 2 sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of your application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
- Details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you. Referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
If you have any further questions, please email [email protected] or call 0207 267 8369.