This International Women’s Day, our life-changing services have never been more needed. We are bringing our community together to raise funds to respond to the immediate needs of survivors across all our services.
We are looking for generous donors to provide match-funding for our International Women’s Day campaign. Your donation will be used to double donations received by our wonderful community.
The ongoing impact of the pandemic plus the current cost of living crisis is making it increasingly difficult for survivors to escape violence and access support. More and more survivors are coming to us in poverty. 73% of victims say they’re scared to leave their abuser due to fears over finance (Women’s Aid). Over half of survivors are worried about being able to afford food (Women’s Aid). Without being able to meet basic needs, survivors don’t stand a chance at escaping violence and recovering from abuse.
This March, we are raising money to be able to respond to the emergency needs of the hundreds of women who reach out to us for support every day. With your support we will be able to:
- Support women with a safety plan and provide transport so they can escape an abusive home safely.
- Provide emergency parcels including food, medication and clothing for those forced to flee with nothing.
- Increase wellbeing activities in our refuges to improve women’s mental health.
- Support women and children as they transition into independent accommodation after leaving our refuges such as providing household essentials and supporting with bills.
Our appeal running via the Big Give platform will offer supporters the chance to double their donation. It will run from 1st March to 28th March 2023. Whether you are an individual, organisation or group you can help us to double our support by becoming a Pledger.
How to become a Pledger:
- Commit to your pledge donation. It can be anything between £1,000 – £5,000!
- Complete the Pledge Form here
- Once your pledge is confirmed there’s nothing to do until campaign ends. Once our appeal is over and money has been raised we will contact you to make your pledge donation.
Please note, as a Pledger, you cannot donate to Solace’s International Women’s Day Appeal campaign between 01/03/2023, 9am and 28/03/2023, 5pm.