A world where everyone is able to live safe and independent lives which are free from gender-based violence, abuse and exploitation.
Solace exists to end the harm done through gender-based violence. Our aim is to work to prevent violence and abuse as well as providing services to meet the individual needs of survivors particularly women and children. Our work is holistic and empowering, working alongside survivors to achieve independent lives free from abuse.
Solace has an inclusive definition of women including trans women. Our services seek to support and represent trans women and non-binary people. We understand that trans women and non-binary people are affected by misogyny and the patriarchal frameworks that cause harm to cis women and girls.
Solace core values reflect our history and were developed in consultation with staff and service users. We are working to be:
– Feminist and intersectional in our understanding of male violence against women and girls (MVAWG)
– Survivor led, trauma informed and empowering
– Diverse, anti-racist and anti-discriminatory to create a fully inclusive environment for staff and service users
We are committed to:
– Social justice and human rights
– Service users having a central voice within the organisation
– Working in collaboration with other agencies
– Continuous improvement