This course is for anyone who would like to better understand the impact of trauma and explore trauma-informed practice.
Trauma impacts people in various different ways, and plays a significant role in the relationship and rapport formed between organisations who provide services and those who benefit from them.
The training will explore the principals of trauma-informed practice and the ways in which organisations can apply them.
- Definitions and dynamics of trauma
- Impacts of trauma on the body and brain
- What is trauma informed practice?
Following the training, participants will:
- Gain a better understanding of trauma and its impact on different areas of life
- Understand the factors that play out in the severity of the traumatic reaction
- Explore the ways in which individuals and organisations can adopt trauma-informed practices