Volunteer CYP Playworker (Children & Young People)
Our Enfield team is looking for reliable and enthusiastic volunteers to help support children in our refuges.
About the role
Solace’s refuges provide safe accommodation for women and children fleeing domestic abuse. Volunteer CYP Playworkers will lead and assist a variety of activities such as arts and crafts, games, etc. to engage and support the children’s emotional wellbeing and enhance their confidence and resilience. Activity sessions will be carried out in the refuges, supported by the Sessional Play worker.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal volunteer will:
- Have direct experience of working with children and young people is desirable.
- Be reliable and committed to promoting the enjoyment and wellbeing of children and young people.
- Be understanding of domestic violence issues and a discretion in handling confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Be approachable and empathetic
- Be non-judgemental.
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
What can you gain from this opportunity?
As part of this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain experience and understanding of working with children using a trauma-informed approach.
- Contribute and support a busy and diverse team.
- Gain hands on experience in a dynamic charity working in the Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) Sector.
- Work as part of a feminist organisation.
We offer great volunteer induction training, where you will be fully supported to understand, and carry put every aspect of the role. Training includes CPD accredited courses, and the opportunity to apply to complete the level 3 Understanding Domestic Abuse Award (DAPA), which is recognized by the Home Office.
How to apply
Please read the Volunteer Role Description before you attempt to fill out the application form.
Please complete the Volunteer Application Form and ensure you clearly state the role you are applying for.
Please complete the Volunteer Equality Monitoring Form.
Send the completed Application Form & Monitoring Form along with your current CV to email@example.com.
Please note that our volunteer opportunities are open to women only (exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1), and that these volunteer roles are exempt from the rehabilitation of offenders act 1974 and subject to enhanced DBS checks where applicable.
Applications which are incomplete will not be reviewed. All our roles are during office hours only unless stated otherwise.
Hours: Minimum one day a week– set hours 5.5 hours
Contract type: 6 - 12 months commitment
Volunteer Application Form 2023 (Application form)
Solace Equality Monitoring Form (Monitoring form)