Solace Women’s Aid’s vision is of a world where women and children live their lives free from all forms of male Violence Against Women & Girls (VAWG).
Solace Women’s Aid exists to end the harm done through Violence Against Women and Girls. Our aim is to work to prevent violence and abuse as well as providing services to meet the needs of survivors particularly women and girls. Our work is holistic and empowering, working alongside survivors to achieve independent lives free from abuse.
Solace Women’s Aid’s core values reflect our history and were developed in consultation with staff service users, and trustees. We are:
- Feminist in our understanding of Violence Against Women and Girls
- Women and children focused and empowering
- Diverse and anti-discriminatory in all its forms
- We are committed to:
- Social justice and human rights
- Service users having a central voice within the organisation
- Working in collaboration with other agencies to develop a community wide response to Violence Against Women and Girls
- Continuous improvement