Waltham Forest SASS Volunteer
Waltham Forest Advocacy service is the first point of contact for survivors seeking to access support.
About the Role
Our busy Waltham Forest team is seeking a reliable and organised volunteer to assist the Advocacy service. You will act as the first point of contact for professionals and service users. In addition, you will provide administrative support to the team and processing referrals emailed into the service.
Day to day responsibilities in this role include:
- Providing information and advice to professionals and service users
- Processing new referrals coming into the inbox
- Navigating and inputting information into the Solace database Oasis, handling client data and sensitive information
- Explaining confidentiality to professionals and service users and seeking consent to store or share information where necessary
- Signposting and referring callers to appropriate alternative services as required
- Working alongside the Duty worker
Who are we looking for?
The ideal volunteer will have:
- An understanding of the issues faced by survivors of domestic violence and a desire to build on this
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good administrative and computer skills including proficient use of Microsoft Office
- A solid understanding of the importance of professional boundaries and confidentiality
- The ability to exercise a non-discriminatory, non-judgemental approach to supporting survivors
- A flexible approach to your work
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- A commitment to Solace’s feminist approach to ending violence against women and girls
What can you gain from this opportunity?
As part of this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Work as part of a feminist organisation to improve the safety and wellbeing of survivors of domestic violence
- Develop skills in triaging and allocation of new cases to the appropriate services.
- Gain knowledge of the options available to survivors of domestic violence including how to refer to alternative services
- Gain experience of multi-agency partnership working
We offer great volunteer induction training, where you will be fully supported to understand, and carry put every aspect of the role. Training includes CPD accredited courses, and the opportunity to apply to complete the level 2 Understanding Domestic Abuse Award (DAPA), which is recognized by the Home Office.
How to apply
Please read the Volunteer Role Description before you attempt to fill out the application form.
Please complete the Volunteer Application Form and ensure you clearly state the role you are applying for.
Please complete the Volunteer Equality Monitoring Form.
Send the completed Application Form & Monitoring Form along with your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that our volunteer opportunities are open to women only (exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1), and that these volunteer roles are exempt from the rehabilitation of offenders act 1974 and subject to enhanced DBS checks where applicable.
Applications which are incomplete will not be reviewed. All our roles are during office hours only unless stated otherwise.
Location: Waltham Forest Office
Hours: 1- 2 days a week
Contract type: Ongoing
Closing date: 10/03/2024 12:00 pm